Sunday, January 23, 2005

Silver Lining

What kind of writer would I be if things weren't interesting for you to read? So I may overdramatize the story to add to my poetic license. But c'mon, you know you like it.

So today's event:
I had some errands to run that required me to drive around different parts of the city. I had an appointment at 11am that started the ball rolling. So I drive out of my house and look at the gas tank, which I neglected to fill up the last time I drove it. So it's literally on E and I'm thinking ehh I can get by. But seeing that it was starting to snow (there was a good 2 inches already on the ground) and I knew I'd be using more gas by going slower and braking a lot, I decided to fill my tank. It's about 10:50am. So I pump the gas, my hands are freezing - I need new gloves by the way - and I pay an outrageous >$2/gallon and get my gas. I am merrily on my way and I don't get to my appointment until about 11:20. I told the guy I got slowed down by the snow, which is true; but it also doesn't help that I left the gas station at approx 10:55am. So errand #1 is taken care of. Skipping along to errand #3 I leave the store and go back to my car. When I get home and am warmly inside the house, I realize I must have left my phone in my car. I go out into the cold to check my car and I don't see it - I do find my Musiq cd which I had been searching for. I called it and called it and listened and listened but I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally I go back to the store from errand #3 and they haven't seen it. I tried retracing my steps but of course there is like an extra blanket of snow. And so denial turns into "wow, i really lost my phone." It just sucks because I had some really cool pictures in there and some textmessages that I wanted to look at again before deleting, and random other stuff. So now I have to get a new phone (argg). We'll see how much that costs. BUT, yes there is a but; and yes the title does have something to do with the story. But there is a silver lining because I can focus more now that I can't chat away (I don't have the phone numbers of anyone in my phone book with me, so I really couldn't call everyone even if I wanted to) and people who really want to see me will have the face to face interaction that is lacking so much in today's society because of the technological advances of communicational equipment. Isn't that a mouthful. So, as you can see, I lost my phone, but not my sense of humor. Hopefully thephone issue will be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment