Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Better to have loved?

That's what they say right? Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Well, the interim can be pretty sucky. Because just when you think you've moved on something reminds you of their smile or warm embrace and you resist every urge to tell them how much you care about them. Because that was yesterday. And today is today. And it's so hard to have to hold in your true feelings.

But today I bite my tongue. So my lips don't utter what my heart is feeling.

1 comment:

  1. love this post!

    sometimes i'm not sure - is it actually better to have loved, lost, and feel this constant gnawing pain? Or is better to just never have loved?

    I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

    here's a quote i read actually today that I really identified with:

    "Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." - Khalil Gibran

    Anyways - this comment is getting long..but I guess..even though things remind me of the love I lost...it's better than feeling nothing and wondering what love feels like..right?

    jury's still out on this one maybe.

    ReplyDelete