Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Randomnicities

Well it has been a little over a week since I've decided to get offline. Ok, since I actually got offline. I decided a little before then. This has turned into somewhat of a social experiment for me. So far it's been really interesting. The first couple of days were hard because I was really wondering what was going on and wanted to be in the know; but as the days passed I found other ways to spend my time and it's actually pretty liberating. I'm not tied down to a computer for hours or feeling the need to check on things so often. I've met up with people [in person] that I hadn't talked to in a while, cleaned up around the place, and not been as stressed out about finding out things the unnatural way. And I've found that people that really want to get a hold of me will utilize the many other avenues of communication. In some ways I am avoiding certain things but it's nice to have a break; I needed to have a break. I do miss talking to certain people who's main communication was via the internet and I know that I am not responding to messages that I don't even know that I have. So that is a downside, but again I haven't moved, my number hasn't changed, and my email still works, so I'm finding that I'm getting by and enjoying this simplification. Now that my cold is going away I will have even more time to see where this goes. And when the weather gets really nice it's going to be me and my bike and my mp3 player. And maybe a book. And a puzzle. The possibilities are endless. And I love it!

1 comment:

  1. love it! thanks for the post melissa! i was off facebook for a week and then just yesterday logged back on - i have to say though the one week was a nice reprieve - plus people started to call me b/c hey! that was the only way to get in touch with me! haha

    ReplyDelete