Friday, September 01, 2006

Appreciation

Life Lesson # 28964: Appreciation

So, while many may just look at the events of the day with less than a thought - todays events showed me something. So on my way to school I waited at the bus stop in the rain and heavy winds. I waited at least 10 minutes in the cool, sudden temperature drop, when I spied the bus. Less than a block away. Relief and warmth were in my thoughts when my hat blew off. Okay, if I move than I might not get back before the bus gets back and I need to get to school, but for those of you that know me, you know I love my hats. So I did what you think I did - I went for the hat. And I made it back in time for the bus. So I got to work and didn't think anything of the events of the morning. So on the way back I wait at least 20 minutes for the bus (I'm not used to the schedule yet). I got on and because I'm not familiar with the stops I was let out a stop too late, so I had to cross a major road to get back. This time my umbrella turned inside out due to the wind, then my hat fell off, and this time was blown even further. At last I was home, after tracking through a little mud. The funny thing is - after I opened and closed the door behind myself I was so appreciative of having a warm home to come to. And for having a job so that I could make a living. We all love to complain when the going gets rough, but it's crucial that you appreciate everything that you DO have, even if you don't have all that you WANT. You are living so you probably have all that you NEED. God knows what he's doing, ay?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:23 AM

    hey melissa,

    that's a really thoughtful entry! i'm glad you can find the silver lining in a situation like that! its a good thought that is often forgotten - to appreciate what you do have. lately i've found myself forgetting about these things. thanks for the inspiring blog entry! hope all is well! where are you working? are you already done your masters?

    -Jasmin

    ReplyDelete