Saturday, August 08, 2015

Good Disappointment

We always think of disappointment as a bad thing, but sometimes it is a blessing in disguise. It makes me sad when someone disappoints me; when they let you down; or when a situation did not turn out exactly as you had expected. But we later find out the reason for the disappointment and oftentimes it is the person showing you their true colors. Or something better for you waiting at the end of the rainbow.

We expect things to go our way and we are very quickly humbled by disappointment. A reminder that God has other plans for us and we need to be patient and see what happens.

The last couple of "disappointments" turned out more perfect than I could even make up. If I were in a different place than I was I wouldn't have had the opportunity to do something really wonderful.

It's just funny how life works out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment