Sunday, July 12, 2009

Simplified Decisions

It is funny how a single event or realization can make you go "ohhhhhhhh, I get it now." Well, I get it. Decisions do not have to be as complicated as we make them. I know, I know, I often overanalyze every single detail of a decision, creating a "what if" tree to try to figure out which outcome would be the best. A friend points out that you can't plan around emotions. I can be as mad as I want for feeling a certain way about a feeling that I can not help, but you know what? I'm human, and it is what it is. I can't guarantee that another person in my position would feel the same way and I don't know that anyone knowing this would care. More than likely (9 times out of 10) someone else would just shrug and say oh well.

I am very happy about a decision I recently made. It worked out in my favor. I did exactly what I wanted and when all was said and I done I was perplexed about what my anxieties regarding that decision were. "It's not that deep" is what I will be saying to myself to remind me that no one else really cares about the decisions I make unless they directly affect them, so I need to stop trying to tiptoe around eggshells to protect everyone's ego; especially those of distant "strangers."

I'd write more, but I wouldn't want to overanalyze. Haha.

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment