Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Out with the Old . . .

The long used adage - out with the old, in with the new is great for everyday life. New is so easy to come by. You can buy something or fix something so that it is like new. But the 'out with the old' part, well that, that is a doosey. I'm purging right now - I think it has more to do with mentally wanting to move on - from old ideas, to old methods, to cleansing myself of negative people, things, etc. - than anything else. And it feels good, so good, to finally get rid of things that have been tagging along for literally years. At the final point when you let it go you wonder to yourself - that was easy, why didn't I do that years ago?

The downside of all this cleansing, so to speak, is that it brings up memories. For the most part I think we choose to keep the good memories, and we let the bad memories be forgotten. Well sometimes you miss people that were in your life or that had a different role then as they do now. And it's the same out with the old, in with the new attitude with people, but it's somehow tougher when a non inanimate object is involved.

So I think I'm on this great whirlwind for purging and throwing things out that I no longer need to hold on to. But then BAM I was hit with this longing for something that's no longer within my realm to want. And I know that, but it hurts a little. I just have to remind myself that nothing worth having ever comes easy and I have to have a little more patience and faith that God knows what He's doing.

Definitely working on the patience part.

I bid adieu for now.

2 comments:

  1. i agree with your last few lines 'nothing worth having comes easy.' - - sometimes its frustrating b/c the people around you seem to obtain whatever they want SO easily, and I find myself wondering 'what about me! why's it so hard!' but i think in the end, working hard for what you want and suffering a bit to get there, makes it that much sweeter once you get it...at least that's what i keep telling myself. It's hard to have patience though!!! Keep the faith! you're awesome.

    also - thanks for the lunch tips! I know it sounds crazy, but it's hard b/c I just LOVE LOVE LOVE food. But blowing all my $ on it and nothing else is seriously lame...I'm getting better at it though - haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:55 AM

    This makes me think of how complex the human person is, mentally, physically, and furthermore subconsciously. There are "hidden" assumptions underlying our thought processes that make certain things difficult (i.e. throwing out the old) - I liked this blog

    - Gerard

    ReplyDelete