Sunday, November 21, 2004

This past week's events

There is so much to write about since I last wrote. Starting with last Saturday things had been really rough. I caught some kind of stomach virus or food poisoning last week and was sick all day. I could hardly make it out of bed. My mom had to come get me and take me home. I had to cancel plans to study and plans to see a movie with friends. Sunday morning I was still feeling icky but I was ok. Monday morning I was not feeling well enough to go to class. I stayed home and took some more medicine and laid down. I was stressing out too because I had a night class that I couldn't miss (I had already missed 1.5 - 0.5 for an info session and 1 for being in Austin), I had two tests that coming Tuesday, and a major exam on Wednesday. I had planned to do a lot of studying on Saturday but when I wasn't feeling well it was the least of my concerns. So on Monday, even when I started to feel better, I knew that there was no way I could make up for lost time and get those hours back. I forced myself to study for Tuesday's test Monday night and I read for the test on Wednesday. I didn't get to study too much for the other test that I would be having on Tuesday so I tried by studying in the day but I knew that a couple of hours would not cut it. I pretty much gave up abou 30 minutes before my first exam (in the other class) and said that I would skip the test and take the makeup, rather than fail. I took the first test (it didn't go all that great, but that was the consensus so I'm not too worried about it right now) and I planned to grab some food then study for my Wednesday test. I got a phone call (thanks SE) telling me that the exam had been postponed. I was sooooooo relieved. You do not understand. And I physically started to feel better (so maybe it was a little stress I was feeling too). God is Awesome. He just seemed to make things work for me. And now I have a second chance. So after that I was pretty optimistic about everything else. The test on Wednesday went alright.

And that pretty much brings me here. Tonight I went out to celebrate Tejals Birthday (Happy Birthday Tejal!!). I had a blast. And it was fun meeting her friends. I think it's so cute how guys look out for everyone in the group. And even though I wasn't their crew they made me feel welcome.

Amazing how a rocky path can turn and become so smooth and soothing, ay? Have a great night guys. ~

P.S. Anyone can leave comments. You don't have to be a blogger.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:56 AM

    Hey hun this is Kamal and this is a nice site that you have there kiddo (using ur terms) Let me know how finals are going and give me a call if u wanna hang out cuz I miss all of u guys. I'm all DONE FOR FALL TERM. WHOOPEEE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete