Tuesday, October 05, 2010

To Write is to Have Read

It's true, the way to becoming a better writer is to read more. Read different types of writing styles, find authors that you like/dislike. So, I have TONS of books in my library that have looked interesting and I have picked up along the way - I LOVE roaming through bookstores. So now the daunting task is to actually read them.

What am listening to right now? "Parachute" sung by Ingrid Michaelson - she originally wrote it for Cheryl Cole (UK) but when it did so well she decided she'd like to try it herself. I like her version a lot better.

4 comments:

  1. hey there. this is actually not my thing to let my awardees know that they've been well, awarded but it's one of the rules. so yeah, I have to let you know, I gave you the versatile blogger award. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully agree that reading is the most effective way to improve your writing. For me, as I read, my vocabulary expands; I observe how various words are used in different contexts; I begin to see the different ways in how sentences are structured; and learn different methods for presenting an idea. I often take what I’ve learned from reading and apply it whenever I’m writing a paper.

    - kilo aka air hug partner

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kilo ::air hug::

    Definitely. There is so much language and ways to express the same words we may have used that you learn so much by reading.

    ReplyDelete