Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Frustration of Simplicity

I can't help how I feel, even if those feelings are not reciprocated. I can't help it if I hate your favorite shirt or if your biggest flaw is just so irresistible. I can't make you call me back or pick up a pen and write me a letter. I can't get those guys off the wall to ask the girls to dance, just as much as I can't stop the cold and heartless guy from breaking up with his girlfriend through text. It's so frustrating sometimes, but then you realize that you just have relinquish control and it becomes so simple. Maybe I can not help the way I feel, but I can accept you not agreeing with me. And maybe I hate your favorite shirt, but you know what? I don't have to wear it. Maybe I just look at your eyes more intently when you wear that shirt, or I focus on those lovely shoelaces, lol.

I think the point is that when we become frustrated by those things we simply cannot change we have to realize that either we accept people for who they are or we do not. And if you want to be their friend/family member/spouse/etc then you really don't want to change them. It is their individuality that has attracted them to you. And if you decide not to accept them then you walk away from the siutation completely and you don't have to put up with those things you abhor.

So, as much as I hate it, you wear that UGLY shirt. And I'll still love ya!!

*muah*

3 comments:

  1. Good post!
    I'm always a fan of k.i.s.s. (keep it simple stupid). But OH! it can be annoying to have to adhere to simplicity's principles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love this blog! its so hard to do it though - and i do think it's important to evaluate these differences and make sure that the things you can't change aren't deal-breakers - as long as that's ok, it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese1:48 AM

    Ah, very enlightening post. However do you know about the simplicity of frustration? It's much easier to get frustrated about a situation instead of just accepting it. However, it is much more taxing in this one scribe's opinion. The world looks forward to hearing more from you. Until then, let's continue on this journey called life!

    ReplyDelete