Saturday, December 09, 2006

Who Finishes Last?

A friend of mine repeated the common saying - Good guys finish last. What do you think? Do you think the person that is always doing the "good" thing gets the shaft? I have to think that's not true. I have to think that I should always do the right thing and things will work out. It's hard though, when the wrong thing is like a billboard you have to drive by everyday. Then there are instigators like temptation and bait to try to convince us to do the wrong thing. Nope, I'm going to do the right thing, and if I don't get what I want, then maybe I just wasn't meant to have it. Touche.

1 comment:

  1. I think it depends on the situation. There is a time and a place for everything. There are times to be super nice and times to stick to your guns and follow your own beliefs against all odds. When it comes to life some people don't understand nice, they only understand nasty. So I think you have to tweek your attitude to the situation.

    I think the nice guys finish last comment is actually more about dating than anything else. In that instance, it holds a lot of truth. All women say they want a nice guy but super nice guys are usually boring and it does not move to the next level. While nice guys are taking the time to get to know a woman and share her every secret, some bold, aggressive guy swoops in and becomes the boyfriend. So being too nice will always land you in the friend zone.

    ReplyDelete